Rugged Handheld Computers and Smartphones for Line-of-Business Applications
by David Krebs, November 2017
What questions are addressed?
- What is the outlook for handheld computers and smartphones used for enterprise and government mobility applications?
- What is the relative opportunity by regional market, industry, and application?
- What is the outlook for rugged mobile computers and to what extent are they affected and potentially displaced by consumer devices?
- How are special purpose devices such as VoIP phones being impacted by smart mobile devices?
- How do mobile device requirements align with specific vertical markets and applications?
- What is the effect of rugged smartphones, and which use cases are best aligned with these devices?
- What are the primary device functionality requirements by industry?
- What is the demand by mobile OS, and how does that demand differ by regional market, industry, and application?
- To what extent will iOS and Android erode Microsoft’s once-dominant position in the rugged handheld computer segment?