5G & High-Performance Edge Infrastructure
by Dan Mandell, with Chris Rommel, May 2018
New Market Opportunities Emerging for Commercial Off-the-Shelf Hardware
What questions are addressed?
- What new technologies and types of hardware are being deployed at the edge of next-generation wireless networks?
- How are trends such as NFV and software-defined architectures impacting the commercial markets for embedded hardware?
- Who are the leading suppliers of fixed and mobile edge servers and other edge hardware platforms?
- Which industries will see the greatest changes and opportunities for 5G and high-performance edge infrastructure through the next five years?
- What types of software support are critical to emerging edge infrastructure solutions?
- What is driving 5G technology research and development, and what new political factors do suppliers need to plan for?
- Why are new edge hardware platforms and infrastructure required for 5G?
Organizations Listed in this Report
Artesyn Embedded Technologies,
Fujitsu Technology Solutions,