Voice of the IoT Engineer 2016: Survey Dataset and Analysis
by Roy Murdock, with Steve Hoffenberg, and Chris Rommel, December 2016
What questions are addressed?
- What is the current state of IoT adoption in the embedded market?
- What benefits are engineers realizing from integrating IoT capabilities into their organization's products?
- How do the separate units within engineering organizations (engineers, technical managers, business managers) view the challenges and opportunities of the IoT?
- What are the most popular types of operating systems, programming languages, and tools?
- What are the most important criteria when adopting these technologies and selecting vendors?
- What is the overall state of the global IoT & embedded market? What are the most important trends to look for over the next five years?