Lower Oil Prices Will Trigger a Regime Change in the Energy Markets
by Chris Rommel
- Recent drops in the price of oil will have the most effect on deep-sea drillers and other expensive forms of oil extraction.
- Price wars between geopolitical players such as Saudi Arabia will begin in an attempt to starve out high-cost operators.
- Alternatively, natural gas applications such as pressure sensors for CNG compressors will see continued growth.
- Pricing conditions in the natural gas markets are favorable, which will support efforts to export it to Asian and European markets.
- The long-term outlook for alternative energy remains positive.
Download the VDC View