by Roy Murdock, with Steve Hoffenberg, and Chris Rommel, December 2017
What questions are addressed?
- What share of the market do leaders such as Enea, eSOL, Green Hills, Lynx Software, Mentor Graphics, Microsoft, QNX, and Wind River control?
- What has fueled recent mergers, integrations, and acquisitions? What impact will these restructurings have on the market?
- How can vendors differentiate themselves in a competitive and homogenous market?
- What is causing the growth in automotive revenues? How are vendors successfully gaining share in this market?
- Where are engineers currently sourcing their operating systems? Where do they expect to source OSs in the future?
- What are the most important criteria for engineers when making OS selection decisions?
Companies listed in this report
Green Hills Software,
Mentor Graphics (Siemens),
Micrium (Silicon Labs),
MontaVista Software (Cavium),
QNX Software Systems (BlackBerry),
SUSE (Micro Focus),
Wind River (Intel),