by Jared Weiner, with Chris Rommel, November 2017
Opportunities covered in the Global Position Sensor report include the following:
- Although often cheaper initially, contact sensors usually have a higher TCO due to the high cost of labor and downtime over the long run.
- Newer, non-contact technology using optics, lasers, sonar or radar may be the better solution, particularly in harsher environments. How will both contact and non-contact market opportunities evolve?
- With industrial development widespread in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East, the market for position sensors should experience rapid growth in these regions over the next several years.
- In many cases new factories are being built with the most up-to-date technology including wireless networking and industrial wire-line networks.
- New applications of position sensors in medical equipment, and pharmaceutical manufacturing will help fuel industry growth
- In the pharmaceutical industry, very precise process control is required, creating a growth opportunity for position sensors and limit switches.
- Medical uses include remote surgery, and accurate patient positioning for imaging systems.
Strategic Insights 2018: The Global Market for Position Sensors includes changes in coverage, deliverables, and other program elements that make it more valuable than ever. Individuals at all levels of the organization, from product managers up to C-level executives can leverage VDC’s research and other services to gain a competitive edge.